Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find – and Keep – Love
Written by Amir Levine and Rachel S.F. Heller, “Attached” is a groundbreaking book that explores the science of adult attachment and its impact on relationships.
In this book, the authors argue that our attachment styles, which are formed in childhood, play a significant role in how we form and maintain relationships as adults.
They identify three main attachment styles: secure, anxious, and avoidant, and explain how each style affects our behavior in relationships.
The book also provides strategies for people with different attachment styles to build healthier and more fulfilling relationships.
- Attachment styles are formed in childhood and play a significant role in how we form and maintain relationships as adults.
- There are three main attachment styles: secure, anxious, and avoidant.
- People with different attachment styles have different needs and expectations in relationships.
- Understanding your own attachment style and the attachment style of your partner can help you build a healthier and more fulfilling relationship.
Where to Read Online:
- Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Attached-New-Science-Adult-Attachment/dp/1501116258
- Google Play Books: https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=hLUFDwAAQBAJ
- Apple Books: https://books.apple.com/us/book/attached-the-new-science-of-adult-attachment-and/id1049718321
- Barnes & Noble Nook: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/attached-amir-levine/1119197169
Q: What is the main takeaway from this book?
A: The main takeaway from “Attached” is that understanding your own attachment style and the attachment style of your partner can help you build a healthier and more fulfilling relationship.
Q: How can I determine my attachment style?
A: There are various online quizzes and assessments available that can help you determine your attachment style. You can also talk to a therapist or counselor to get a professional assessment.
Q: What are some strategies for building healthier relationships for people with different attachment styles?
A: Some strategies for building healthier relationships for people with different attachment styles include:
- Communicating your needs and expectations clearly.
- Being patient and understanding with your partner.
- Working together to create a secure and supportive relationship.
Q: Where can I find more information about attachment styles?
A: There are many resources available online and in libraries about attachment styles. You can also find helpful information in books, articles, and blog posts.